This is from http://www.nikosfeta.com/Recipes/Details?id=99&title=Butter%20Lettuce%20Salad%20with%20Feta%2C%20Strawberries%2C%20Toasted%20Walnuts%20%26%20Balsamic%20Vinaigrette&gclid=CJSm5d6Xyc4CFYMehgodReYIuw
hope you enjoy!;)
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 c. raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 strawberries hulled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups butter lettuce, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Toss walnuts with 1 tablespoon maple syrup in small bowl. Arrange in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until syrup is bubbling. Remove from oven and cool.
- In small bowl or dish, combine remaining maple syrup, raspberry balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and white pepper. Slowly, while whisking, pour in extra virgin olive oil until incorporated.
- To serve, toss butter lettuce, strawberries, green onions, feta cheese and walnuts together. Dress with vinaigrette. Remaining dressing can be stored in refrigerator.
- Note: If you can’t find raspberry balsamic vinegar, make your own by combining 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves with enough balsamic vinegar to make 1/4 cup.